Sunday, August 06, 2006

Public FTP? Sort-a...

I was attempting to send a couple of large files (500+ MB) to a friend and was determined to not drop them in snail mail. I don't have access to any FTP sites with a larger connection than DSL, so...

I did a Google and Yahoo! search for "public FTP" and came up with a few hits which cost $$.. Nope! I must find something free, after all, this is the Internet.. land of the free!

I came across www.sendthisfile.com and was happy! However, the experience only got worse after I attempted to send the files. Come to find out, the free accounts have throttled upload speeds. Once they slowed me down to dial-up speeds, I canned that idea. The pay-as-you-go fees were high, IMO.

Then I found out about www.youSENDit.com which allows for 1GB file transfers for FREE! Yes, exactly what I was looking for. Their upload and download speeds are fast and the interface is VERY easy to use. It would come in handy for those occasions where you want to forward an email with a large attachment (5+MBs) to an individual or multiple people!! Great find!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home